A covering letter is an absolute necessity.
Without it your job application is incomplete and you have missed out on an opportunity to introduce yourself to the employer.
The purpose of the covering letter is to:
- Inform the employer that you are applying for the job
- Sell your value and strengths
- Promote the benefit of hiring you
- Supply any additional information requested in the advertisement
- And cover off any concerns that the hiring employer might have about you.
Writing a covering letter is difficult. It is often argued that it is harder to write than your CV because the focus of the letter needs to be on the employer and it has to have a sales pitch within it.
In short, your letter needs to empower the employer that you are indeed a valuable candidate worthy of an interview.
Our covering letter service will offer you a template letter that you can use for a specific job advertisement or a general covering letter that you can adapt yourself.